REGISTRATION is now closed
There is no registration fee.
Room and board for 13 days:
If further financial assistance is required please mention it in the application form.
|single occupancy:||1000 CND|
|double occupancy:||750 CND|
There will be no classes during the weekend May 31 - June first. Students that do not wish to stay on location do not need to pay for these days. The savings is 80 CND per day for single-occupancy and 60 CND per day for double-occupancy with advanced notice.
Attendence is limited to 50 students.
It is recommended, but not compulsory, that students bring a laptop for hands-on training.
Wireless internet connection is available in all rooms.
SELECTION OF APPLICATIONS AND ACCEPTATION OF INVITATION (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
We had more applications than we can accommodate students. In the selection process we considered background, motivation and potential to benefit from the School.
If you have NOT been accepted this time you may still be accepted during the second round (around March 19th).
To see if you have been accepted please follow the following instructions. First log into the registration site using the same username and password you used for completing your application form. If you have been accepted you will see an acceptation form in your list which will look as follow:
If you don't see this form you have not been accepted unfortunatly during the first round.
If you have been accepted, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
To benefit from this school, you need to have taken some courses in advanced quantum mechanics and statistical physics, know well at least one of the methods that will be discussed and have some working knowledge of condensed matter physics, second quantization and computing. You should also have a plan to use some of what you learn in your research.
It is highly recommended (but not compulsory) that you bring a laptop to the school.
A) Acceptance: You need to fill in all the information on the acceptation form as soon as possible and no later than two weeks from now (March 19). You will receive a separate e-mail Friday March 7 at the latest if you have been awarded financial support.
B) Reservations: You need to reserve a room with Jouvence no later than two weeks from now (March 19). The procedure is the following:
- Call +1-800-567-3134
- Dial extension 1841
- Tell them you are making a reservation for PITP
- Dates: Arriving Sunday May 25 and leaving Friday June 6.
- You should be ready to make the following deposit:
$ 536 (CAD) for single occupancy room
$ 426 (CAD) for double occupancy room
- Single and double occupancy rooms will be given out on a first come first serve basis so it is important to reserve early.
- For two days, May 28 and 29, we will need to temporarily move 10 students to some other nearby hotel. There will be a discount for this inconvenience to some of you.
- You can cancel your reservation with no charges until April 25 only.
- If you do not plan to stay during the weekend of May 31st-June 1st, please call Jouvence before April 25. You will save $80 per day for single occupancy and $60 per day for double occupancy. (You might want to travel to Montreal or Quebec City (400th anniversary))
C) Course credit: All students will be registered as students by Université de Sherbrooke. You will receive further instructions. Basically you will need to give copies of a few standard documents (e.g. passeport).
D) Final exam: Friday June 6, only the final exam will be held. There will be no classes. We will arrange for a bus to leave right after the exam to get to Montreal Trudeau Airport at the latest at 14h00. If you cannot stay for the final exam, we can arrange for a take-home, but we need advanced notice. The course is Pass-Fail.
E) Schedule: Check the School Web page
F) Travel :
Arrival: Sunday May 25
- Arrive at Trudeau International Airport Sunday May 25.
- We will arrange for a few buses to leave directly from the Airport to the School at 14:00, 17:00 and 20:00.
- The bus will also make a stop in Montreal.
- You will need to make a reservation by sending an e-mail with your flight schedule to Swarn Rai
Departure: Friday June 6
- We will rent a bus that will leave the School at 8h00 to arrive at Trudeau International at 10:00 after a stop in Montreal.
- There will be another bus at 12:00 after the final exam, to arrive at Trudeau International at 14:00 after a stop in Montreal.
If you travel by your own means:
- See venue
- If you want to travel using common transport:
- From the airport, take a taxi (~$35) or a bus (every 25 min. ~ $14) to Station Centrale” in Montreal. (allow about 45 min. if in traffic)
- Take the bus to Magog (return trip ~$53)
- Take a taxi to Jouvence (~$30) 131, chemin de Jouvence, Orford, QC.